Only recently has the Buzzword “AfterCare” been used as a “level of care”, previously being called “alumni relations” or even “Alumni Programs.”
Kipu’s unique position in Addiction Treatment has given our Agile Development team insight into this very unique and segmented world. It doesn’t exist in behavioral health or any other area, so other EMR’s simply can’t do it. We built (and continue to build) our AfterCare module in Addiction Treatment, for Addiction Treatment, with robust features to nurture recovery and ensure compliance with prescribed Aftercare requirements.
Kipu has recently added PingMD to expand our telehealth capabilities well into the future. Click here to learn more about PingMD.
PingMD will allow us to merge the world of telehealth with long-term Aftercare. We know the longer an addict is under care, the less likely they will relapse. PingMD’s unique ability to provide secure communications between doctors, therapists, clinicians and their patients will revolutionize how addicts receive long-term Aftercare treatment.
Pre-Admission Forms VOB, Photos…
- Send potential patients insurance coverage/VOB information request forms, to be initially filled out by clients, referrers, guardians, guarantors.
- Securely send a protected and encrypted photo of the insurance card. Patients can even sign a release of information form for you to comply with some new insurance requirements.
- It’s returned to Kipu where you can order a VOB Getter immediate electronic VOB or order/manage phone verifications.
Use for surveys, Assessments, data collection.
- From Kipu EMR (live) , you can send assessments, consents, evaluations, questionnaires, surveys and forms to patients or potential patients to fill out and return as LIVE DATA.
- Use any form, with or without a signature requirement.
- Create weekly surveys, discharge surveys, quality control surveys, aftercare and outcomes surveys.
- Create your own outcomes and aftercare programs.
Secure staff and/or patient communications.
- Use pingmd for secure, HIPAA compliant communication; between staff, and direct to your patients.
- Create a care team for each patient in Kipu that flows to pingmd.
- Use instead of texting or email (non-Compliant) to communicate transportation details, new arrivals, discharges, assessment status, doctor meetings, etc.
- Your staff can securely communicate with your doctor about a new arrival, med order approval, etc.
Use pingmd for patient or guardian signatures, consents, financial forms and more.
From Kipu (live), send and get signatures on any form. This includes Patients, Guardians, Guarantors, medical records releases, etc. This is an actual signature created with a stylus or fingertip. The actual form with signature is returned to Kipu as a live form, just as if the patient were there signing on an iPad or signature pad. The accreditation agencies prefer this to a pin or electronic click created by DocuSign®. Eliminating the need for DocuSign® will save many organizations as much as $5,000 a year.
Safe, secure Telehealth.
Engage in secure, encrypted, HIPAA compliant telehealth video between the provider and the provider care team and the patient. It can be done one-to-one or one-to-many. This will later allow group sessions, virtual meetings, support group meetings, etc., as part of our RecoveryBoundTM AfterCare program.
- Engage in secure, encrypted, HIPAA compliant Telehealth between the provider care team and the client.
- This will allow Therapy Sessions, Virtual Meetings, Support meetings etc. as part of our AfterCare system. The possibilities for safe, HIPAA compliant video are endless and often billable.
- Secure video between staff as well.
- Telehealth is now a billable service in many states, representing a new income stream
This may seem simple, but it’s not. The complexity resides in the security requirements. It took six years and nearly $13m to build pingmd. We interfaced it to Kipu in just a few months.
It is illegal to email or text anything containing patient information.
Any email or text message containing PHI, is illegal, for example:
- Between a patient and provider, Doctor to Doctor, Nurse to Doctor,
- Biller to Provider or vice versa,
- Emailing of an invoice for a deductible,
- Emailing a consent or any form from provider to parent /guardian for signature
- Emailing a VOB or EOB, to or from a biller of office
- Texting a picture of a patient, wound, or whatever, even between doctors
- Text or email a prescription refill request, or prescription refill
- Doctor emails a scanned PDF of a prescription to a pharmacy
- Doctor emails a patient file to another doctor for a consultation
Create a FIT program.
pingmd enables you to create a FIT (Feedback Informed Treatment) program for use in addiction treatment and behavioral health.
Studies show that patients will tell an iPad, smartphone or tablet device more than they often tell their therapist — especially when it comes to treatment progress.
Patients often seek approval and friendship from their therapist so they often tell the therapist what they want to hear. “I’m doing well. I have not used. I do not have thoughts of suicide” are examples.
But, given the opportunity to answer a survey on an iPad or smartphone, the answers are often more truthful. The FIT survey will generate immediate results, and help improve outcomes. Create a FIT survey in pingmd to be returned to a Kipu Data Page, or use without Kipu.