Because KIPU is highly customizable, your organization’s Super Admin can choose the tabs in the patient chart, along with your custom naming. The Super Admin also determines where in the chart content (patient forms) is located, for example: Pre-Admission, Assessment, Clinical and Discharge tabs, etc.
The user will find 2 types of forms:
Simple forms, designed for patient notification. May contain simple functions, such as check-boxes, radio buttons, date selection prompts, type-in text capabilities, etc. Easily identifiable as any form with a white background.
More complex forms, capable of capturing patient signature, as well as performing and supervising staff signatures. Easily identifiable as forms with blue, or other color background.
There are 2 basic functions you can preform within any forms tab:
- Adding forms: selecting non-mandatory or additional copies of a form, on a case-by-case basis
- Populating forms: if no forms have been added already, populating with forms will load all mandatory or common to all patients forms, such as Consent for Treatment, BioPsycho-Social Assessment, Facility Rules, etc.
Additional functions that can be performed in any tab:
- Print the current page
- Generate PDF of the current page, for authorized users
- Generate a PDF package, for authorized users
- Generate a Casefile, for authorized users
- Transfer a Patient Information (Face Sheet) to another KIPU using facility, when enabled, for authorized users
- Move a Patient Information (Face Sheet) to another location within your KIPU Instance, when enabled, for authorized users
- View in full screen mode
To add a form:
- Click on Add form
- Select the form you wish to add and click Add
Once the form has been added, it will appear in the list of forms below the Add form button
Once the form has been added, for evaluations, a user who’s function is listed under Entry can open the form by clicking on the name of the form to complete it and sign it. If the form is a consent, a user may open it to acquire the Patient’s signature.
Populating with Forms
The populate with forms function enables users to add a number of forms to the patient chart at once, if no forms were previously loaded in the tab. These are usually mandatory forms that need to be completed for all your patients, as determined by your organization’s Policies and Procedures, and set in the form’s templates by your Super Admin.
To populate forms within any given form tab, simply click Populate with forms
The tab will then be populated with the appropriate forms
As with individual forms (and the forms have been populated) for evaluations, a user who’s function is listed under Entry can open the form by clicking on the name of the form to complete it and sign it. If the form is a consent, a user may open it to acquire the Patient’s signature.
Forms will display a status, that indicates what is next in the workflow
- Open: the form is ready for use. Applies to consents and evaluations
- Expires mm/dd/yyyy: the form was sign, and has an expiration date. Applies to consents only
- Revoked mm/dd/yyyy: the form was revoked by the patient on the specified date. Applies to consents only
- Signed mm/dd/yyyy: the form was signed by the patient. Applies to consents only
- Assigned mm/dd/yyyy: Applies to schedules only
- Dropped mm/dd/yyyy: Applies to schedules only
- In Progress: the form has been started, but not finished. Applies to evaluations only
- Ready for Review: the form has been completed, and is ready for review by a another user. Applies to evaluations only
- In Use: applies to Treatment Plansonly. Indicates that the Treatment Plan has been established and is in progress. When all objectives have been attained, the Treatment Plan gets closed
- Closed: the form is completed and signed by all designated parties. Applies to consents and evaluations