KIPU Gold Certified Biller Accreditation
Through the Kipu Gold Certied Biller program, you work less; your biller works smarter. Gone are the days of having your sta waste valuable time collecting billing data or a weekly census for billing. Rather, your biller uses the Kipu Biller login (which you control) to harvest data through custom reports created in Kipu. After all weekly data is collected, an “Authorization To Bill” is created by your biller. You simply log in and approve the week’s billing data and you’re done. Your sta time is used only for approving the billing; you no longer collect data for your biller. This not only saves you time, it improves accuracy because it is DOUBLE CHECKED.
Your biller harvests and collects the data and you confirm it. Previously, you collected billing data and no one checked it.
But it doesn’t end there. Your biller’s collections professionals are trained by Kipu to access data for appeals, presentations of medical necessity, third-party reviews, UDT/LAB information and more. Your biller will access all that directly from Kipu themselves.
Finally, KIPU’s seamless VOB and UR request processing saves you time. You don’t have to fill out VOB forms, you don’t have to retype anything. Everything required from your Kipu Facesheet feeds into the electronic VOB system. This speeds processing and gets you what you need faster.
Benefits Of Using a KIPU Gold Certified Biller
IMPROVE ACCURACY Kipu Gold Certified billers are trained to harvest billing information, compile it, then send you an electronic “authorization to bill” which your staff quickly checks and approves. Previously, your staff spent up to two days per week compiling billing data by hand, and the work was not double-checked. Who knows how much you forgot to bill…
HIGHER COLLECTIONS Collection professionals are trained to assemble all required data from the clinical record for all appeals of denials, third party reviews, presentations of medical necessity, and all other data needed for collection efforts. This not only saves your staff valuable time that can be spent on patient care, it often increases collection rates because your biller’s staff gets what they need without delay or interruption.
FASTER VOB You don’t have to fill out VOB requests or double-type anything. Simply start the KIPU Facesheet, request a VOB, and immediately the request is passed to the Biller, where the work is assigned to staff most suited (by payor, type of service, and other criteria).
SAVE TIME and MONEY Because Kipu Gold Certified billers harvests census data, participate in the KIPU VOB program, examine the clinical record for UR and obtain all information needed for insurance company requests, as well as appeals of denials and third-party reviews or documentation of medical necessity – all your staff time that used to do manual work can now be spent on patient care, knowing your Gold Biller is taking care of your business.
How It Works
The KIPU VOB system connects electronically to the VOB portal and tracking system. VOB requests are assigned to the your biller’s VOB staff by preference of payor, client, and other criteria for faster and more accurate VOBs.
- Gold Certified Biller UR staff work directly in the KIPU Medical Record for speedier and more intelligent, enhanced UR negotiation.
- Your Gold Certified biller’s staff harvests census data through customized Kipu reporting. An “authorization to bill” is sent to you for approval and payor billing speeds through your biller’s system faster than ever before.
- In case of insurance company requests for additional information, insurance documentation. Gold Certified billers are trained to gather all documentation needed for quicker response to payors, saving your staff time collecting such information.
- In case of an under-pay or denial, a third-party review team, at your Gold Certified biller, collects all needed information themselves for faster and more timely documentation of medical necessity to get your payments.
- All that means that you save 1.5 to 2 staff headcount chasing paper and devote that time to patient care. You take care of patients; Gold Certified billers take care of business.
Gold Certified Billing Partners
Are You a Biller?
Apply for the Kipu Gold Biller Accreditation Program. Just call us at 561.349.5933 to get setup today or email Lourdes.Bedoya@KipuSystems.com.